As a regular ‘spinner’ it is quite embarrassing that I don’t ride a real bike. It isn’t that I don’t have one but more that I haven’t made the effort… til now.
Last week I decided to take the first steps and ride the bike to work. I live and Leslieville and the Brainrider office (see my post about The Chelsea Shop) is on the U of T campus, west of Queens Park. My journey started shortly before 8am with my helmet on and my laptop in my side bag…
Here is a synopsis of my ride:
Dundas to River
- Garbage day… made it a very stinky ride… pedal faster to get to the fresh air
- Best part of the ride – no cars, beautiful homes… feeling free
- A bit scary… cabs, buses, cars parked in front of Tim’s
- See the price of gas and feel even better about taking the bike
- Good thing there is a bike lane…
- Then the bike lane ends and it is each rider/driver for themselves!
U of T Campus/ Harbord
- I have essentially arrived and have the grease stain on my leg to prove it
Don’t ask me about the ride home… that is a whole other story!